Pages

Monday 27 June 2016

Growing thoughts in your brain....


Like many things, social networking can be beneficial to us all and whilst i understand that people are not perfect, indeed as it seems, none more so than when politics is the topic of conversation,  I have been shocked beyond measure at the number of people in my Facebook feed who have contributed nothing but negativity to an already uneasy situation.  Everyone has an opinion on the EU referendum results (both before and after) and that's ok, but there is absolutely no need for irresponsible behaviour and unintelligent and combative responses to open discussions. 


With that in mind i only want to say that it is best to be responsible for your own behaviour on social media, one day your words may come back to haunt you.

XOXO

Moving on...i can only say it's been a few months of turmoil here with one thing and another, not least with my back problem, my own stupid fault, as it was starting to get better and then i helped lift some heavy furniture again and i'm now back to square one...lesson learnt.


Despite all this i have been able to sit in the shop stitching whilst Gav works on the Indigo Moon website.  I'm fully focused on and busy preparing for my "Beautiful Boro" Workshop here at Indigo Moon Shop and Gallery, there is an ocean of stitching to get through and i'm finding it thoroughly enjoyable and relaxing.  I'm also working on the talk i'm giving at the start of the workshop, of which the research is proving to be quite fascinating and distracting (i have to be very careful not to overload it), and also deciding on the kits that i'm putting together.  All in all a very enjoyable task.




Everyone who attends the workshop will be making and hopefully completing a small coin purse through day, using authentic vintage japanese fabrics and they will also have a little kit (project yet to be decided) to take home with them to try another project on their own.  I am also putting together packs of scraps of  japanese fabrics for people to buy if they require extra.  It's all rather exciting and takes quite a lot of thinking about at a time when distraction is greatly needed to heal the soul.

I am finding myself more resolved to moving away from Social Media and reverting back to my blog.  This is for no other reason than that i find a blog easier to manage, i feel i can say more on here.  So, i will be posting regularly as i have much to say and show.  You will see changes in the design and content of the blog as my beautiful and clever daughter helps and advises me with the look and content.  Something i'm looking forward to.  And just to give you some ideas, i will be posting articles on other artists' work looking in more detail at some of those that have influenced my own life and work and those that haven't, but who's work is as equally inspiring.  I will also show you the progression of work for the "Beautiful Boro" workshop as pieces finally come together and my ideas for the changes i'm implementing here at Indigo Moon Shop and Gallery.  I will be reviewing and suggesting books to read, websites and other blogs to peruse, along with mini workshops and interviews with other people.  There will be posts and photos of this beautiful town of Montgomery and it's surrounding areas here on the Welsh/Shropshire borders and posts on my travels around this "United Kingdom" as we  (Gav and I) deliver and collect supplies and stock for the Indigo Moon shop.

I am taking nothing but positiveness from recent events and situations both in the world and my personal life, my faith in human nature has once again been severely tested but here i am dusted off and pushing on.

WATCH THIS SPACE and...



2 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Oh my Tina I think we were seperated at birth. I'm with you on all aspects today including the back problem and I never learn either.
Your blog is the best thing to have happened this morning. Other friends are returning to their blogs and turning away from social media too. My prob at the minute is an old PC and blogger not loading pics from my iPhone 😔.
I'm so looking forward to the Boro workshop I can't contain myself. Funny enough it's your talk on it that has got be fizzing and bubbling. I'm a bit excited, can you tell.
Your little caption is another twinny moment as I doodled on a bit of paper this morning "I need flowers". I have a need for freshness, prettiness and gentleness.
No lugging things around missus, that's what the men are for. Says she.
Lynn xxx

Carol Rigby said...

I am so pleased to hear that you will be returning more frequently to your blog. I find a lot of blogs have been deserted for other social network sites. What you have planned sounds very exciting.