Pages

Friday 7 June 2013

Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to.....

Conwy!


I'm not fussed on Bangor....sorry

The imposing Conwy Castle is huge, a Norman castle built by Edward I to conquer/subdue the Welsh!


 Conwy Harbour

 ....and, also on the harbour, the smallest house in Great Britain - 6 feet wide and 10 feet high!



 then a nice drive down to Llangollen over the Horseshoe pass - amazing views...if a tincy bit high!!!



We also went to the amazing Perry Higgins Antique shop near Conwy where we purchased a few nice things:

Some tins for me:


There was an added bonus with these four tins in that they were full of watch parts!  ....some steampunk art maybe?

and.....
Hmmmm....indeed
Our house used to be the old mail sorting office, we're still attached to the Post Office next door, so we're thinking of making a feature of it!!  it's very heavy, no idea where it will go at the moment.


These days out were whilst my in-laws were visiting for the week, it was nice to get out and about for a few hours and have a break from the shop.  We dropped them off at Shrewsbury railway station on Monday and took a picnic to the Sunnycroft National Trust House and stopped off in Much Wenlock on the way back home.




 I'm always on the lookout for nice cards to sell in my shop, so when i'm out and about i buy a few for research, these really took my fancy at the Twenty Twenty Art Gallery:  

the artist is Andrew Waddington and the photos don't quite do them justice.
 Detail:
I love the 'suspicious' look in the eyes of his animals

 I managed to find the supplier and ordered some for the shop...they arrive today!!

Then i found a book shop and bought this lovely vintage Jack and the Beanstalk childrens book.
 I fell in love with the drawings in here.  I'm interested in the limited palette that publishers/artists used then, it was in a lot of children's books and seemed to leave more to the imagination focusing on detail rather than colour.
 The Giant....scary!  
This picture would have scared the life out of me as a child!  Still does actually!

The weather is glorious here in Mid Wales, unfortunately i'm tied to the studio preparing for an exhibition.  I don't mind too much, i'm on the top floor and have velux windows in the roof which give lots of light and birdsong!

I'll try and post "little glimpses" of some of the work i've been doing soon!
Hope you're all enjoying Spring Summer

XOXO

3 comments:

Annie said...

Fab pics Tina. Looks like you had a lovely time too.
Hugs,
A x

Twiglet said...

Looks like some fab days out Tina. Let me know when your exhibition is on! x Jo

Shahrul Niza said...

WOW!!. I LOVE coming along this sight-seeing!!. Gorgeous place you live in, Tina. And beautiful treasures coming home too, I can't wait to see what you make with them, sweet little old tins!. Such pleasure to read this post today :). ohh, I LOVE LOVE that red tiny house :). HUGS.