Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Welcome....again to all from here
Unfortunately, my blogger woes have forced me into making a 'whole' new blog and i'm hoping now that I won't have to change it again any time soon!!!

I've been experimenting more with paper and fabric collages, using vintage ephemera and fabric, i'm finding this new process very thought provoking and creative. 

"Magic Dawns"
mixed media collage
(12.5cm x 22cm approx.)

For these pieces i've used a page from an old ledger and stitched it onto a vintage reciept dated 1915 with various fabric remnants from a victorian quilt.  The flower is made out of dark annealed steel wire.
This piece is called "Magic Dawns" and the the words read:
"Magic dawns and sunsets paint the sky"
Detail



"Sometimes"
mixed media collage
(11.5cm x 16.5cm approx.)

For this piece i used a watercolour paper backing and stitched on vintage ephemera, including map pages and vintage fabric.  The stem of the flower is made from dark annealed steel wire.

`

3 comments:

Twiglet said...

If at first you don't succeed..... Well I have found you and will follow you again!! I love the use of ancient scribblings on your new pieces. I often see interesting ones at the car boot sale. Fascinating insight into a world gone by. x Jo

Micki Wilde said...

You know I'll follow you wherever you end up ;o)
Love your new work!!

Shahrul Niza said...

WOW, I'm in awe :). Beautiful collage!!. Makes me smile :).